We began dating in 1995, engaged in 2002, married in 2003 - what a glorious journey it has been. Our wedding was wonderful, hot, but wonderful. We were sealed for all Eternity and we were able to exchange rings and vows in front of hundreds we love. We truly lived a fairy tale wedding that day and it only gets better as the years go on. Although we do still feel the suffocating heat from time to time, we still manage to enjoy the "day".
We began celebrating with a bang. One week in Jamaica, one in Florida. The next year we found camping alone wasn't exactly our thing. 2005 we earned a free cruise and we decided if we do a cruise, we need a cabin with a window. Following that, 2006 brought us a little boy and an emotional mommy; so we went to the movies! While living in Utah in 2007, Shay watched Jackson so we could go to dinner and the Temple. It was too bad the Temple was closed; so we raided Wes and Paige's place for some ice cream. 2008 we took the boys to one of our favorite places, Malibu. We finally made the big jump and took off for a night alone; Vegas!
This year we wanted to go big, but things aren't always as you plan. So, again we took advantage of our Time Share and took off to Palm Springs. For $100 (yes, that was our entire trip), we were able to escape life and truly enjoy our friendship. The weather was to die for, the pool heavenly, the food (Andrew cooked) uninterrupted and delicious - I could go on and on.



When I passed some high chairs, I was glad they had them. Then I realized we didn't need them. We went out to dinner once and we asked for a table for two. We swam with our guard down, wandered freely, and floated about. BUT, my heart did melt each time I saw kids around the ages of our own. It was only two full days, but it was just what we needed. Thank you to all who made it possible.But most importantly, thank you to my husband, my best friend, for these past seven years of marriage. I asked him, "What has been the best part of these seven years?". His response, "All of it". I didn't let him off that easy. So he finally came to, "Our communication. And our differences, our differences make us a good team".
LOVE YOU!




5 comments:
So cute! I can't believe it has been 7 yrs! I can't believe it has been two since mine! Time flys!
how fun! happy Anniversary!
i'm still impressed you have pictures of each anniversary! but I shouldn't be surprised :)
Fun trip! I didn't know you had a time share! Sweet!
Yes, we love it. We bought it in 2004 I think. We have condos in Vegas, Brianhead, UT., Cabo, 2 in Dana Point, Ramona, 2 in Palm Springs, and Tahoe. It's awesome. This trip was 10 points so we can go on many more trips. I think everyone should do it :)
Post a Comment