Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Aquatic Center - FINALLY

12pm-5pm... REALLY?? Could there be a worse time period?
Oh how we love the Aquatic Center, but oh how I love naps MORE! Now only do I love the peace that naps bring, I love the avoidance of major meltdowns. So I am known for one of "those" moms, the kind that wants to keep their kids on a schedule. This unfortunately has kept us from enjoying the Aquatic Center. A place a truly adore. Great prices, great fun!
Giselle sent me a text late one night asking if we were free the next day. Uh yeah, we were free, but was I willing? Not so much. Have I mentioned how tired and sick I am?
But, when I got her text the next morning, it just so happened ALL THREE KIDS went down for an early nap - yes, EARLY... 10:30am. WHAT? I know!
The cool thing meant this would make us free in the afternoon; oh how rare!
When they all woke up at 12:20pm, I had a decision to make. Stay on the couch and try to take care of them until Andrew got home, OR, suck it up and quickly load everyone into the car.
Well, I called the center and they only had 428 people in the pool and they allow 500. I thought, perfect, we'll walk right in - LET'S GO!
We went. And we waited. For a half hour. In line.
BUT, once we were in, IT WAS SO WORTH IT. I got a bit sick after sitting in the sun for an hour or so, but it was ok. The kids were happily entertained as was I!


I so hope we can go again - Jackson asks to go almost everyday! So... there's my goal; to go to the Aquatic Center ONE MORE TIME this Summer!

1 comment:

G. Fazeli said...

Thanks for meeting us Rachel, I know you've been feeling sick. Andrew had a blast and also keeps asking me to go back. Hope we can make it happen again. :)