Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all!By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.
~John Dickinson
For years and years and years we have watched the fireworks from the front lawn of the Palmdale Stake Center. This year, there were none. So when we got invited to join some friends at Stevenson Ranch, we knew it was just what we needed. I have always said that my friends are like family to me, they mean so much; so what better way to spend a holiday than with friends and with actual family.
We were SO exhausted from the weekend, that we weren't up for a picnic. After church, we went home, had dinner and then packed up. This put us to Stevenson Ranch (the park I lived near while in college) closer to 7PM I think. It was a great atmosphere; festive!
The kids really did have fun dancing, playing and eating!

The only downfall, it got real cold, real fast! I forgot jackets for the boys and myself, but luckily I brought blankets.
There were some great coversations, one-liners, and even a brave 2 week old. Or I should say brave parents of a two week old. Seriously Becky and Ben were so amazing to come out.
The boys loved the show. Well, Jackson loved the show; especially the green ones! Ryan wasn't stoked but with his ears covered, I think he enjoyed it enough. Andi on the other hand, fell asleep in my mom's arms. Can you believe it? That's how beat we all were. She caved :)
That night something tragic happened in Valencia. From what I understand, a car hit five pedestrians killing one of them. It's so sad how things can change so dramatically in an instant. Again, I have been reminded to appreciate all I have in my life; especially the people!Yesterday, my dad, grandpa, brother, and Andrew all headed out to play golf. This left me with the kids. OH BOY - Andi was on one all morning. She seriously screamed or was upset from the time she got up until I could finally get her to sleep at 11:30am. The boys, luckily, were SO good. They played blocks and legos TOGETHER, PEACEFULLY!
After naps, my mom, abuelita, the kids and I went to Walmart to get random necessities. We wandered, then hung out here, and eventually met up with the boys for dinner. It was a nice ending to a chaotic but wonderful weekend.
After naps, my mom, abuelita, the kids and I went to Walmart to get random necessities. We wandered, then hung out here, and eventually met up with the boys for dinner. It was a nice ending to a chaotic but wonderful weekend.
We will miss my grandparents as always, we will miss being on vacation, we will miss time with my family, we will miss the time with friends - but it's time to get back to the norm. Today I took the kids to the movies again and they were tougher today than the previous weeks. Andi fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep the entire time I chatted with Laurel. And Ryan took a nap from 1-4:15 - tired kids!So... here's to getting back on track and getting the rest we all need. But I am forever grateful for an absolutely perfect weekend.




1 comment:
Cute pictures!!! You guys look like you had a great time! Andi's darling!
Post a Comment