Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quest for Happiness

While pregnant with Andi I was beyond exhausted.  Ry was still so teeny (remember they're 11 months apart) and my body was simply exhausted from JUST getting over being pregnant.  I gave in to my pregnancy and I have so regretted it.  It has put me at a very uncomfortable weight and I am determined to not let that happen again.  So far I have gained four or five pounds, depending on the day, and I don't want that to escalate too quickly!!!!  Makes me nervous!
My generous mother is helping me out with this - after three years of looking for the perfect double jogger, I have been blessed with a fantastic jogger.  Ok, so maybe the wheel came off on our first journey together, but we're pretty sure that was an error on the assembly  (uh hmm Andrew!).  
Monday I decided Fair Oaks Park would be the perfect place to begin my quest for happiness and I decided Becky would help me achieve this (it's always so much better walking with a girlfriend!).  You see, I still have a lot of pain and so walking all around my hilly neighborhood is not in my best interest - at least not yet.  So, now I find myself at my least favorite park - but would you look at that, it turns out it does have something wonderful to offer me.  Today, on my way home from talking Jackson to school, I flipped a U and made my way over there again.  It works out well - we do laps first and then the kids can play.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Good for you for exercising! I can barely walk around the house these days without feeling like I'm dying!

Jenn said...

cute pics! No pics of the stroller? :)

RachelAA said...

Believe me Jamie - I am SO out of breath. And Jenn, I know, I realized when posting - so not a thorough post. Stay tuned :)