I thought it was a girl. Jackson thought it was a girl. Andrew thought it was a boy. Since when is Andrew right? I mean seriously!! WHEN?? I have been thinking about Rylee, or Kylie, or something along those lines since before I found out I was pregnant. Not necessarily because I wanted a girl, because really I didn't know if I wanted more drama in this house. Honestly, Andi has been our toughest kid and the idea of doing that again was overwhelming. BUT then again, I have seen how some sisters have this amazing bond and I have always wanted that for my daughter so in that sense, yeah, I wanted a girl.
Monday we went to our ultrasound and I honestly have never gone in so confidant. When she said, "I will tell you what it is when I see it and if I'm confidant" I thought, "Whatever, I already know!". (Side note: the fact that I allowed myself to be so confidant is funny because I never do because I hate being wrong. At the end of reality shows, Andrew always asks me who I think will be kicked off - I NEVER answer even when I am pretty sure of my answer. I hate being wrong! Ok.... back on track now!)
"It's a Boy!".... WHAT!?!?!? Although I was rather baffled, I didn't have to ask her to repeat herself because Andrew's face gave it away - the face of victory. Whatever. During the remainder of the appointment I was in shock. Like, really? It's not that I don't want a boy because I feel like boys are fun, but I was shocked.
Jackson was shocked. He thought it was a girl all along too - which I think it partly what reinforced my thoughts on that matter. Then that night, hours later, Jackson and I were lying there and he said, "Mom, I really thought that baby in your belly is a girl!". So did I bud, so did I.
But here we are - expecting our THIRD BOY and now that I've digested that fact, I'm really excited. I think this will be a nice blend for us and we have no doubt Andi will be able to hold her own!
On a different, more disgusting note, Gramma Nette and Papa offered to watch the kids while we went to the appoint. They had been gone the week before and were going to be gone again the following week, so this was their chance to spend some time with them. After we returned to Santa Clarita, they treated us to The Habit. Andi shocked us with her love of onion rings - well, not really the ring (you know the fried part is apparently not everyone's favorite?!?! Who would have guessed!) JUST THE ONION! It was disgusting!
So - here's to a baby boy - BOY OH BOY! What the heck will we name him?
2025 by Month
1 year ago







8 comments:
Coolio Anderson. I think it flows. I'll leave the middle name up to you. :)
Yea for boys! it was so good to chat with you the other night-You rock!
Rach,
You really should change your "Our Story". Love you guys!
Shay you really should blog more often! She has not room to talk!!!!
Rachel Congrats! I think boys are so fun and now you and shay's baby can be best friends! Love you guys!
Congrats guys! That is exciting!
Mandi! You really should answer your phone more often when your best friend calls you! AND!!! I would blog if I wasnt white trash without a computer. =)
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Can I tell you how awesome it is to have three boys?!!! SO wonderful Rach!!! Way to go Andrew on prediction, I think you should start buying lotto tickets!
Oh my goodness! That's so fun...we're the SAME!!!! And I so agree that girls are a lot more emotional and stubborn that boys. Boys are just fun...and so are girls....they are all awesome!!! But different, for sure.
Love ya and congratulations!
Post a Comment