Some may say that the meaning to the word "selfless" is:
self·less (s lf l s)adj. Having, exhibiting, or motivated by no concern for oneself; unselfish: "Volunteers need both selfish and selfless motives to sustain their interest"(Natalie de Combray). self less·ly adv.self less·ness n. |
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
selfless [ˈsɛlflɪs]
adj
having little concern for one's own interests
selflessly adv
selflessness n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
If you ask me, selfless and mom are interchangeable. I am forever grateful for those women in my life that have in some way "mothered" me. For without them, I am sure there would have been many sad, lonely moments in my life. Leaders, teachers, bosses, friends, and even more importantly my grandmas, aunts, friends and my mother-in-law. Inspiring women really do make life so much more enjoyable. But I don't know where I'd be without my mom, my constant. My prayer is that everyone knows what it is like to at some point feel such an overwhelming love. My mom has truly taught me what it means to love unconditionally and to love with all your heart.


lf
l
s)




1 comment:
Thank you Rach...You made me cry now I'm going to have to give you a big wet kiss and hug. Love Mom
Post a Comment