Weight: 13.5lbs - 83%
Height: 23in. - 50%
Head: 15.5in. - 32%
Funny thing is he is a big one and Ry was just as big back in the day. Now, all his stats are down int he 10 and 20 percentiles. I'm curious what will happen to Mr. Cole!
Never before have I really enjoyed the newborn stage. Honestly. I know may people cherish those first few weeks or even months but I swear by the 4 month mark. That's my time to shine. They can sit up pretty well, munch on things, hold things, interact... I love it.Funny thing is he is a big one and Ry was just as big back in the day. Now, all his stats are down int he 10 and 20 percentiles. I'm curious what will happen to Mr. Cole!
This time around is different. I have allowed myself to let my house sit as is so I can sit there and hold him. Now, Jackson, Ryan and Andi, don't get sad about this. We adored you just as much but things were tough when you were all so little. Now, I have such great helpers and I am able to sit a bit more. And with Andrew sometimes available during the day, I take advantage even more.
But this also goes with our nighttime routine which may not be such a great idea. He shouldn't be waking up to eat anymore. I know he doesn't need it. He hasn't needed it for a few weeks now. But instead of ignoring him, I quickly grab him and bring him into bed with me. Which results in crummy sleep from 2am-whenever we get up. Which then results in me dragging my butt out of bed too late to get to boot camp on time which I know I NEED. Ugh, some things are going to have to change soon.
I have been trying to change my eating habits. Before I got pregnant I was doing really well with my diet. Then while pregnant, I maintained it for the most part. And when my appetite picked up at the end, I was so big I couldn't eat much. But now, nursing makes me the hungriest person alive. I don't remember it ever being this bad. I keep trying to limit my intake to smaller meals but man, I can't get enough. Luckily Cole has refused to tolerate Coke or chocolate so I have that going for me but other than that, I love food.
Something else has changed with this baby. Because my other three can all walk, which I have found makes a world of difference with a newborn, I had a first time experience the other day. I had to make a quick exchange at the mall so the kids and I ventured out. We all got out of the car and began to pile onto the stroller. As I am pushing them through the parking lot, I find it very difficult. Lo and behold, the wheel was all messed up. So, unload kids, walk everyone, including stroller, back to the car and here we go.... I had to have the kids stand near the car while I changed Cole's diaper, rearranged carseats to more easily fit the jogger inside, then take Cole in my arms because we had JUST cleaned out the car which included the Bjorn (do you like how long this sentence is....), and walk all five of us into Macy's. Yep, Macy's. A store which consists of older women with money - not to stereotype or anything. There I am, still in my 20's, haha for now, carrying a 7 week old while my other three take charge of the shoe department. Yes, I looked like a lousy mother but whatever. It was an important errand!!
With this one we were so excited when the Lauricella's gave us a Bumbo - yes, Cole is our first child to be able to use the bumbo as soon as he was ready. He LOVED it. Talked, laughed, smiled for about 10 minutes and was then done :) I can't wait until he lasts a bit longer but for now, it was so much fun.
So, here we are, celebrating in our hearts our two month old and planning the 5th birthday party for our oldest. This will be our very first birthday party which includes friends, games, the works. Wish us luck! And yes, you are all invited. Jackson made the guest list but I say, everyone's welcome.





2 comments:
Hooray for two month milestones!
I put my little girl in the bumbo for the first time yesterday and she loved it. My little boy still can't quite hold his head up enough yet to use it.
I also don't really care much for the newborn stage. Call me crazy, slap my mouth, whatever; it's just not my favorite.
Thanks for admitting that, it makes me feel a little less horrible.
Good luck with the parties!
Looking good in the Bumbo big boy. I'll see what I can do about Friday, but no promises these days.
Post a Comment