Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm SEW in Love

I only sew with my sewing buddies.  Why?  Because I'm not good.  As I explained to my friend the other night, beginning that first stitch is like getting on a roller coaster for me.  Dramatic?  Maybe.  Honestly, I think the anxiety comes from being a perfectionist.  I want to do it and I want to do it right.  But when my Girl's Sewing Night ended with me breaking my needle and not being able to finish my project, I was nervous I would never complete it all.
BUT I DID.  And only three days later.  My father-in-law was stopping by the play with the kids so I figured that was my chance to pull out my machine and get er done!
 Although I was not yet finished when he left, Jackson and Cole allowed me to work while they quietly watched Nick Jr. and while Andi and Ryan took a nap.
 TA DA!  I am so happy with the finished product not because it's perfect, but because it was fun to do.  And I love the difference it makes on what was a big, empty wall.
 Look, I even did a zigzag stitch around their initials - inspired by J'me!
It was late, I was tired, but I was pumped up.  I found some extra material in my cupboards and decided to go ahead and make one for Jackson and Cole's room.  I hadn't purchased the material for theirs because I do not yet know what I am doing with their room.  But I couldn't stop sewing.  So, I figured what could it hurt to just go ahead and make something.
Believe me, this isn't the end of my mad skills.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Good job!!! That's impressive!

Mandi Snider said...

Exciting and I love the wall hangings! They are very cute!

Traci said...

They turned out very cute! Great job.

J'me Shillig said...

Love, Love, Love, Love, Love it! That has been in my "to do" file for months now! As soon as we get our own place (this fall) it's one of the first things on my list.

I absolutely love the initials on them. I think I'll steal that from you, thank you very much!

I love your stuff and I'm glad you're taking that plunge! Isn't it exhilarating? I keep my sewing machine out on my table and am amazed at what 10-15 minutes of sewing can do for my outlook on life!

Keep it up. Can't wait to see what fun things you do next (is it too soon to suggest that?)

Love you!
J'me

RachelAA said...

J'me - I haven't the slightest clue what is next but I look forward to it. Your babies need a little something from me :)

mlauricella said...

Love it so much! Seriously looks so good and GREAT fabric choices!