Tuesday: LA Zoo (in fear of rain, we almost switched it to Lombardi - glad we didn't it was PERFECT Zoo weather) / Menchies / Rockin' Baby / GNO Panera Bread
Sunday Cole got up on all fours and began rocking. Yes, the beginning of a mobile baby.
Wednesday: Boot Camp / Hanging with socks / Blowout / Dinner w/Becky / BBallWho knew the sock bin would be so much fun!?
A few months ago I bought a Brazillian blowout on Screamin' Coupons. With the expiration approaching, I decided to go cash it out. What better time to get some girl pampering time than the week all the kids are home! "It looks good, it's so thin" - haha, yes, at this point in time thin is good :)
Thursday: Fundamiddles / Ry School / Skirball / Stake Leadership Mtg.Poor Mr. Cole so wanted to get his hands on the kids' cupcakes. Don't worry, I didn't make him suffer, I gave him a teether biscuit. It seemed to appease that crazy look in his eye.
After taking Ry to school, I came home and took some Benadryl. Then I realized I had already taken some pills before I went to school. Oops. 9:30-1:30pm I was sacked out on the couch. I vaguely remember asking Andrew to pick up Ryan (thank goodness he unknowingly changed his schedule which meant he was home Thursday) and I vaguely remember my mom telling Andi to go to her so she could do Andi's hair.
The only reason I even got off the couch was because we had plans to go to the Skirball at 3pm. And let me tell you, it was well worth dragging my sick butt up off that couch.
The only reason I even got off the couch was because we had plans to go to the Skirball at 3pm. And let me tell you, it was well worth dragging my sick butt up off that couch.
We went last summer and so we knew we were in for a treat. It's exciting to see their interests change over the year.
Cole was such a trooper. He either hung out on the floor or he chilled, chewing on his sock, while in the stroller.
That evening I dreaded going to my leadership meeting. I can't even tell you. But in good conscience, I couldn't miss it despite how sick I felt. I'm so glad I went - I needed it. This is a calling I never would have expected. But, no matter how I feel about something, if I am going to do it, I am going to do it right. This meeting gave me that little push I needed to remember who I am and what I stand for. But the best part of that night was the musical presentation. Honestly, the most uplifting part of my week. BEAUTIFUL!
Friday: Boot Camp - Oops, didn't happen :( / Balboa Lake Park / Abuelos / Pampered ChefI almost didn't make it out the door today but I am so glad I did. Huh, theme of the week. But honestly, when we arrived at the park, the weather was spectacular. A beautiful 75 degrees - could you ask for anything more? Oh yeah, sure you can, I asked that the lake be a glimmering blue and... it was.
Yes, I was nervous when I heard Fall Break was an entire week but we had a fabulous time. I am exhausted from entertaining these four, but it was well worth the memories. And as always, I am grateful to those that added to our experience. At the Zoo Ryan asked, "Why are our friends here?". To which I replied, "Why not?". And Jackson, in his infinite wisdom replied, "Because, it wouldn't be as fun without our friends". It's always great to share an experience with people you love.













6 comments:
You are so good at keeping track of everything! Do you love the blowout?
I started Monday and just added as the week went on - I knew I would put it off for forever if I didn't do it that way. And HELLO, I am obsessed with the blowout. If they ever discontinue it I will be devastated :)
I need a nap. You are pretty amazing.
was so fun, sad I missed the zoo... next time though! :)
Jena - look who is talking :)
Michalle - I totally get it and I am way impressed with all you are doing with little Toby literally attached to you :)
Thanks again for coordinating everything! We had so much fun.
Post a Comment