Brilliant! I am so grateful for those creative moms out there. I mean seriously, of course Jackson would be stoked to receive and send mail. And hello, in this world polluted with technology, most of my high school students don't know how to address and stamp a letter. This was a fabulous lesson for Jackson. Brilliant!
Things may be tight, but I am so grateful for the chance I have to watch this guy grow up! But I have to admit, sometimes I'm not too on top of things. Friday went like every other pick up routine. Until Jackson asked to play on the playground. I told him yes, but just for a minute. From there, he went to play and I went to get a word list from Mrs. Evans. Upon getting the list, I walked outside to call Jackson over - HE WAS GONE. There was not a soul on the play yard. I ran, leaving the others in the classroom, I ran all around the front of the school, the back, the middle. I yelled his name and swore I could hear him crying but couldn't place it. At that point I went back to the classroom because no one had a clue as to why I ditched the other three and I was hoping Jackson would be in there. No, he was no where to be found. Mrs. Evans, Fran, Laurel, everyone looked! I ran into the office and when I didn't see him, I ran back out. Mrs. Evans then came over and said she'd go in to have him paged. SHE FOUND HIM - apparently he was in the office but I didn't see him in my frantic state. I knew all along he would be fine, but I was freaking out at the idea of him freaking out. I pulled him outside, his face as blotchy and puffy as could be, and asked where he had gone. Apparently when he saw I was gone, he started walking towards the car. A mom found him at the carpool lane, saw him crying, and took him to the office. THANK YOU! I asked him why he didn't go back to Mrs. Evans' room, to which he replied, "I didn't know. This has never happened to me before." I only pray it never happens again!
2025 by Month
1 year ago






1 comment:
awww..... what a sweet little man! Thank goodness for good people!
Post a Comment