Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lombardi Ranch

It has been four months since our last visit with my grandparents.  SO sad.  BUT, we were quite pleased that they were able to make it out to our annual Lombardi Ranch visit.  I think this was our fourth year and it never gets old.  As soon as we got there, the kids hovered around my dad while checking out the different booths.  I don't remember seeing these before.  Am I wrong?
The tractor lied this year - it's actually 2011 in the picture below.
from the past...
It really was a beautiful day and we were all so thankful to be there.  Last year it was packed.  To the point where you wanted to trip the people cutting you off.  Yes, that bad.  This year there was hardly anyone there and it was warm but not stifling.
At what point will we be able to get a good group shot of all the kids?
I think I'm a bit obsessed with this guy - maybe?  Just a tad?
 And this guy isn't too bad either!
This trip my parents let the kids ride the ponies.  The funny thing was my dad realized this was the same company we hired for the horse and carriage for my wedding.  Now they provided four horses for our children.  Crazy!  I was worried someone would have a meltdown but nope, they all surprised us.  It seemed to me Andi was the one that most enjoyed it.
Following the pony rides, we headed over to the train line.  Can you really put a price on the joy the train provides???  Ugh, yeah!  But I suppose they're laughing all the way to the bank.
While waiting in line, Ryan shouted, "I can hear the sea!" - He loved the shell in his goody bag from the booths.  It was so cute.

The sick and the elderly needed a bit of a break so we hung in the shade while grandma shopping took them around to play.
At this point, I wasn't sure how I was going to go on with the rest of the day because my head was so out of sorts.  It was awful but when I saw them picking out pumpkins, I had to run over and grab a couple pictures.  It is of NO surprise to me that Jackson wanted a green pumpkin.
Making our way back over to the "resting spot", the kids proved to be kids when they saw an opportunity to exert more energy.  They tore up the dance floor so much so that Juana was sad she got over there too late to join in on the action.
Lombardi made for a fabulous morning and another great year.  It also made for a great need for a nap.
That evening everyone came over for dinner (I sat my butt on the couch the entire night because that's all I could do - luckily no one minded!!  It felt as though my head would never be normal again.  Dramatic?  Yes!) - Andrew and grandma made chili rellenos from the Lombardi  garden.  These two love cooking together and it really does not happen often enough.
Saturday night I was so dreading Sunday morning.  I could not breathe, I could not talk, and I just wanted to hide in bed until it all cleared up.  But, I asked Andrew for a blessing.  I can't tell you how much I wished I had asked sooner.  About an hour later - well, I won't go into the details nor will I post the pic, but I COULD BREATHE!  I went to bed with a grin on my face.
Sunday was, well, what Sunday's are now.  Ward Council 7am but hey, at least I could function again.  Primary was, well, difficult.  Half the kids and half the teachers were missing.  We were rehearsing again and it was a nightmare.  Plus, we have new teachers and some weren't so nice.  On the bright side, after church Andrew told me we were staying for the Toby Lauricella's baby blessing.  The kids and I sat on the grass while Andrew and Cole ran home to get some food for all the kids.  The blessing was beautiful just like it was for Allie's.  We just adore this family and were so grateful to be there for it all.
From there we headed to Acton for lunch and what not.  Cole fell in love... with Summer Squash.
It was a relaxing Sunday but still limited on nap time.  Luckily for us Cole was still such a good boy until 7:30. OK, he was still a stud but let us know he was tired.  As did everyone else.
When Monday arrived we weren't ready to say good-bye.  We had lunch and they went our separate ways.  The kids fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep for about an hour while the car was parked in the garage.  I felt bad throwing them back in the car 15minutes later just so we could go get Jackson, so instead we walked.  Big mistake.  Cole was not in the mood and for the first time, he really let us know he was done.  He cried all the way there which makes an out of shape woman very flustered while pushing a weighted stroller up a giant hill.  Or two.  On the way home the kids wanted to play at the park.  I knew we needed to get Cole home so after 10min. of play time, I dangled the carrot in front of the kids' face: Halloween Decor!  All jumped back in the stroller and we finished our journey.
I love how much the kids love decorating.  Cole knocked out in bed and so this process was even easier.  Although it would have been even better if we had more flat surfaces in this house.
From there we tackled the backyard.  Jackson got a big ol lecture and after we all retired inside, he stayed outside organizing his play house.  When he wants to be good, he's really good!
 It took Fall Break and a grandparent weekend to really exhaust Cole.  His THIRD nap of the day was from 3:30pm-8pm.  THEN, he was ready to retire for the night at 8:30pm.  I think he "spoke" for all of us.

3 comments:

Mandi Snider said...

I am so jealous! I love lombardi! It is my favorite.

Jamie said...

I love Lombardi! I hope it wasn't too hot for you!

Jenn said...

haha I'm laughing at the grandparents sleeping in the car! What a fun day you had and what great pictures!!