I just realized my grandparents were here this weekend and I didn't get one picture. That's awful - so not like me! Last week was just crazy as I had something every single night. Does it not always work that way?? All or nothing I feel. Card night was great fun even though my oh so simple cards turned out to be quite time consuming!
Funny thing is Friday night was a different type of card making night but just as fun. I'll have to post those later. Earlier that day I took Ry into the doc because he had started wheezing around 2am. The doctor was shocked at the sound of his lungs because they sounded so clear. She was also shocked we had not been in there for two months. Essential Oils??? I'm really starting to believe so.
Saturday Andrew went paintballing with some crazy boys! Seriously, the wind, the rain, it was out of control but that didn't stop 'em; most of 'em. The kids and I stayed indoors - I cleaned and they vegged. I wish they folded the laundry they're cuddling! Luckily for me I got to go out that evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. GNO's can really get a mom through her day! That and being able to meet up with family for a delicious and enjoyable linner (Jackson totally doesn't get the linner idea!). Again, no picture - ugh, what's my problem?? A sick Cole, probably.
Sunday morning during my typical Primary chaos, I realized Jackson was assigned to give the talk that day. He and Andrew worked on something but that boy was set on what he wanted to say. The most important thing he thought was, "God loves us even if we do something wrong." And you know what, it wasn't on topic but yes, that is the most important thing. In fact during my sharing time I randomly came to a point where I had the need to stop, and really testify to the kids that God knows each and every one of them and knows when they are struggling. He loves them each, individually. You know you think of all these kids that have taken their life because they feel so alone, so lost, and it just breaks ones heart! But anyway, back to Jackson, he did a great job, all on his own, despite the fact he has a lame mother that forgot until 10am.
Jackson discovered one of Andrew's strategy games on the computer last week and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can use it to get him to do things, like clean his room in 10 minutes, but he's obsessed. He walks in and sits down to play. When I told him it was enough yesterday, he kept complaining that there was nothing to do. I tried explaining to him he has spent the last 5 years figuring things out to do and now that he has this game, he suddenly can't think outside the box. I want to get some educational games, although I know these strategy games are helpful too, I just get so frustrated with how obsessed he is. I much rather see him make believing (the king) than sitting at the computer.
2025 by Month
1 year ago








No comments:
Post a Comment