Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ward Conference

Matching Easter 2011

Matching (2 wks before Easter) 2012
I never knew what all went into Ward Conference - it's crazy how much the leadership in the church does for the ward family.  It is overwhelming but also rewarding to sit there and think about the needs of those around us.  Another benefit of Ward Conference is having a chance to sit and chat with the Stake regarding the issues or concerns you have within your particular auxiliary.  I received a lot of answers - for instance, when the Article of Faith is shared in opening exercises, the child is then to turn around the poster and ask the Primary to, "please repeat".  No one says it with enthusiasm or love, nor are they saying it in unison.  I despise this tradition but didn't want to eliminate it without having something with which to replace it.  The trusty Stake Presidency suggested using music.  Brilliant.  Music is the best way to learn anything.  I can't tell you how much this has bothering me - ok, I'll move on now....

I was nervous before our meetings on Sunday, but that's because I'm lame and stress when I shouldn't.  All I had to do was conduct but this was our second week with the new schedule and I wanted everything to run smoothly while the Stake was there.  It did!  We had no lights for the majority of Primary and yet it went very well.  I am so impressed with my counselors, teachers and even more so with the children.  We struggled with some senior boys, as always, but overall I was pleased.  It was also my friend, Jen's, first time teaching Sharing Time EVER, and it was fabulous.  I am grateful to those that are prepared and allowed us to borrow the "oil from their lamps" - aka, their flashlights!  I didn't get a picture of the kids because they were being reverent and I didn't want to disrupt.
The storm was so bad that afternoon that I didn't want to drive to Acton for dinner BUT, when I called my mom and found out it wasn't bad out there, we decided to make our way over.  It actually turned out nice because the kids were able to watch the snow.  We ate and lounged and the kids photographed it all from their perspective.  Let me tell ya, it's a shock they tell me I'm beautiful considering the view from where they stand.  No wonder we're counseled to be like little children!  It was a great day and the kids were so happy - they didn't want to leave!

3 comments:

fran said...

they are so stink in cute! I'm in love with the matching outfits ")

fran said...

they are so stink in cute! I'm in love with the matching outfits ")

Mandi Snider said...

I love the headlight! My dad has one of those! Good job on the whole primary thing!