Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Library Cards

I love the library.  I love books.  But I didn't love the idea of borrowing books of which I would have to keep track for three weeks.  We went to the library to read to the dogs but then as we were leaving, the kids begged to check out some books.  Because it was that polite, sincere beg, not the kind that makes you want to ring their necks, I couldn't say "no".
Each kid picked their own card and I loved it their choices.  When we got home, Andrew was even able to figure out who picked which!  It was such a great outing and it made me even more excited that they are growing up.

Another reason to be happy about their growing older is the day Jackson decided to switch, start, and transport about four loads of laundry.  "Mom, you have a lot of laundry to fold!" - yeah, it'll be even better when he's old enough to fold it properly.

Family Home Evening has actually been a positive experience here.  Again, a positive aspect of their aging.  Cole is in bed when we do it so it goes very smoothly and the kids are so excited.  Granted, it has only been a month of consistency.

What makes me not excited about Andi growing up is that we are now battling over clothes each morning.  The pressure is on for me to pick the cutest outfit and to her, some of my choices are not so cute.  She's even becoming particular with her pj's!

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

that laundry pile looks VERY familiar! TOO familiar!

Traci said...

It's not just a girl thing with the clothes. Colin is totally picky about what he wears. Drives me crazy!

Unknown said...

Ok, so we are in board with FHE too. We can do it!!