Thursday, July 05, 2012

School's Out - Wk 1

FRIDAY
Andi didn't want to swim.  Andi wanted to wear her pj's.  Andi wanted Lauren to make her a salad.  Andi is a diva!
We needed to have a Primary Activity and so I thought it would be nice to have an End of the School Year party that Friday night.  This way people were still in town and being Friday, people didn't have games and errands, etc.  We had 42 kids I could not believe it.  It was great.... despite the fact the older ones wanted to jump over Mindee's wall or exit out the side gate.  Oh man! 
SATURDAY
Bri and Mark planned an early Father's Day morning so the kids "had" to spend Saturday night at my parent's house.  After dropping them off at about 6:30pm, we headed out to our "free" date night.  We are a couple of weaklings but it was still nice to get out and enjoy the park on the grown up side.
This being our last ride, last of THREE, Andrew was DONE.  I need to go with someone over 48'' tall and under 30!
SUNDAY
We didn't get to see Papa for Father's Day but we did start his gift.  It's still in the making though so maybe I'll post the final product in a month or so??  It's a good thing he doesn't look at the blog :)
Mark took us out golfing for Father's Day.  We so appreciate his generosity because dad and Andrew so appreciated the memories.  I love how we're all sitting in the carts watching Dad.
I, of course, got a birdie and the others, well they played "ok".  Especially Mark - check out that hill he got to play!  Oh, and see dad and Bri ducking in the cart... was that for Ben?

After church Father's Day festivities.
A grandpa and grandma visit is now never complete without a jacuzzi dip.
These are some lucky kids!


MONDAY 
I don't know what I would do without this "little man of the house".  Andrew was gone much of the start of summer and Jackson stepped up to help me.  This Monday began with Jackson making everyone "breakfast".
First trip to Hurricane Harbor - I kinda wish we had passes!
Jackson and Ryan loved the canon's at the top - yes, the ones they could use to shoot water at people.  Andi and Cole liked the little slide.  Cole liked napping in the stroller near the end.  I liked ticking off some girls over lounge chair occupancy.

TUESDAY
This was Andrew's 34th birthday but due to work, we didn't even see him that day.  :(
My friend Katie just so happens to have parents that live in the very nice part of my ward boundaries.  They have opened up their pool for whomever every Tuesday.  Jackson was so very brave jumping from the diving board and the jacuzzi with or without fins.  Such a great day!
 WEDNESDAY
The kids are so happy Summer is here because now they are able to go to the movies.  $1 is much better than the small fortune of normal tickets.  Cole lasted the first hour and we spent the next 40 minutes in the hall.  Oh well.
Finally home for an evening, we were able to spend some time with the "Birthday Boy".  What you can't see in this picture is that Andrew found his dessert in the fridge the night before and ate a piece when we were all in bed.
FHE on a Wednesday, sure, why not.  Let's throw in a little "Red Rover, Red Rover..."

THURSDAY
Jenni, Owen and Emily took us over to a pool to swim and eat.  All was fabulous until Jackson got stung by a bee - being it was his second sting, he was a bit calmer.  He clung onto the cold can until that can was luke warm.  I'm just glad this didn't end our party.

The Magic Show at the Library did not disappoint.  Seriously, he was hilarious.  My favorite part was when he picked up on Lauren but I don't think the kids quite got that part.  They liked the fire, bird, and other silly things.
FRIDAY
We really can't get enough pool time!

SATURDAY

 Doesn't everyone clean the backyard in their chonies?

A lady from my book club hosts an annual Tea Party.  This thing is no joke and simply exquisite.  I loved it.  LOVE IT.  Check it out, it's 100% a tea party.  So cool.
SUNDAY
With old Hawthorne friends at my parents, we decided to head to Acton and spend a couple hours with everyone.  Cole didn't care what we were doing he just cared about stealing Jackson's See's sucker.
PHEW - what a week.  I have to say, we were real adventurous during the first week... KIDS, not every week will be as exciting!

No comments: