The growth in our own talents is the best measure of personal progress. In the parable of the talents, the servants who received five talents and two talents were praised by the Lord for increasing their talents and told “enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” The servant who was rebuked was the servant who buried the talent given him.
Gospel Library > Magazines > New Era > August 1997

It was a cold, rainy day. Oh how bitter I was that after school, I had to go to piano lessons. It was so long, and I didn't want to be forced to do anything. So when my book fell into the puddle as I got out of the car to go to school, I experienced some mixed emotions. First of course I felt the disappointment in myself for damaging my personal property. I hate making lame, careless mistakes. But then there was the sense of freedom, the thought that maybe now I wouldn't have to go to piano lessons.
Now, at the age of 28 and as a mother of three, I am thrilled that we were FINALLY able to bring the piano to our home. I have been waiting years for this opportunity and it finally arose. It is now my job to develop my talent. Haha talent sounds funny - believe me you would think so to if you heard me playing yesterday. But, I will improve, I will grow. I have to.
Yesterday Jackson sat beside me and asked me to teach him how. He wants me to teach him how to play "popcorn popping". Oh boy, I need to teach myself. I need to go start buying music. Jackson, Andi and I had an enjoyable time as I pounded out a few songs from my memory - the problem was Ryan was thoroughly enjoying himself too. He was using Sharpie's on the glass in the kitchen.
So yes, developing this talent will be difficult for so many reasons - but I will!




7 comments:
That's awesome! I think it's interesting that at our age, after we have had a few kids, we kind of long to develop ourselves. Discover ourselves. Get back to ourselves. I totally understand the developing your talents concept, and I think it's awesome!
that is totaly awesome! Seriously god for you!
uh I meant "good" but God is for you to haha
Whoohoo! I've always wanted a piano in my room! Lucky! Get to work practicing!
Haha that's a funny typo.
Cool Rachel! Yeah I need to work on my talents too!
Mandi you ARE! Your photography has really grown!!!
Post a Comment