Friday morning we attempted playgroup - haha, didn't really work out but the kids enjoyed running around and I enjoyed the sun. We have been really watching Mr. Ryan these days and I was surprised to see him venture up this creature all on his own. It may not seem like much to you, but believe me, it is. He's much like his father in the sense that he is VERY cautious. VERY! But the best part wasn't that he got up there, it's that he got down on his own without crying.
We really do feel like he cries SO MUCH because he simply can't talk or get his point across any other way. We are hoping this soon gets fixed. We haven't received the referrals yet, but I am hoping soon. A couple other things that are sticking out to me as I browse websites, is that Ry may have sleep apnea. This boy has always needed his sleep. It's common for him to sleep 12-13 hours each night. Until recently, he was still taking two naps a day. Since he was three weeks old, he has slept all night. We have asked the doctor before if this should indicate a problem, and basically we were told to not complain we have a sleepy child. But now, I'm wondering if he needs all this sleep because he's not really sleeping - or it's getting interrupted?!?!?
AND.... he has always choked while drinking.
Anyway, who knows - we don't and we can't wait to find out what's going on with our Mr. Ryan!





6 comments:
Go Ryan Go! You may need to stop with the webmd browsing though, you may find that you are projecting ailments onto him!
Go Ryan Go! You may need to stop with the webmd browsing though, you may find that you are projecting ailments onto him!
Good Luck I hope you get those referrals soon!
I hate worrying about kids, it drives me crazy. Sleep apnea would explain the lack of "restful" sleep, but don't get too ahead of yourself. I hope you can figure it out soon, maybe he is just working at his own pace. Miss Tylee doesn't talk so much either, it's hard not to compare her to other kids so I just don't.
Don't let some doctor tell you your mom radar is wrong! If you think something is not right chances are you're correct. You live with Ryan and the doc doesn't.
On the other hand, my kids have all been excellent sleepers. Evie still takes a two hour nap almost every day and Isaac still does once in a while. He'll come home from school or church and announce he needs more rest and just head down for an hour or so!
Rach,
I wondered the same thing about Ry. If his adnoids are enlarged, that can be the cause of sleep apnea if thats what he has. I think if he has his adnoids removed, he should have his uvula and tonsils removed also. Keep me posted. Love you guys!
Post a Comment