Monday, September 13, 2010

Celebrate Good Times COME ON!

It began with Andrew's 9am basketball game.  Well actually, it all began with a text from a friend on the way to the game.  Just as we pulled onto Camp Plenty, my friend sends me a text letting me another that our friend had just last her two day old baby at 3:45am Saturday morning.  Stunned.  Why?  Devastating!  It's her first born and he died while recovering from open heart surgery.  It's those moments where the world stops and you can't fathom why these people need to endure such a trial.  (BUT, her, yes the mother's, encouraging words later that day reminded me of the bigger picture!)
When I got to the game, my dear friend Becky was just what I needed.  She asked, "How was your morning?" and I lost it.  It was a sad week and a sad morning - too much for an emotional prego!  Thank you Becky!  The kids enjoyed watching and playing around as always and Andrew I am SURE enjoyed playing.  We had some time to kill so Andrew played about 15 minutes for Mint Cyn.'s game after ours. 
We then headed home so Andrew could shower and so Michalle could pick me up - my family was going to the Anderson's for Tristan's birthday brunch and Michalle and I were attending a bridal shower for an old friend.  It was a nice shower and great to see old friends but most of all, it was great to just hang out with Michalle.
Michalle and I then went shopping while Andrew took the babies home for a nap.  The timing of the day really did work out very well, BUT it was exhausting.  Because, SEPTEMBER 11th is MY MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY!
So, once the kids were done napping, we headed back to Acton for the most important part of the day - to celebrate my mom.  I'm sure it made her day to have everyone fit at her table with her new chairs!  
As always, the kids were SO excited to give grandma shopping her gift!
But then, it was cake time.  Grandma is so selfless she allowed the making of a cake and watched everyone eat it.  Now THAT'S a good grandma!
Yeah, we didn't make it to church the next day cause Saturday kicked our butt.  But, I'm grateful we were able to celebrate so many wonderful people, especially Grandma Shopping.
Speaking of Sunday - My husband is a stud!  He took care of everything.  EVERYTHING, as I sat and read.  I was beat and sick and just couldn't fathom functioning so I'm glad I didn't have to!  I watched from my bed as he entertained the kids outside!

4 comments:

mlauricella said...

wow, you've been busy blogging. good for you. and yes it was a LONG Saturday. Glad to have your company for half of it.

Jamie said...

What a good hubby you have!

Mandi Snider said...

Busy, busy, busy! I love the sunset picture! It makes me want to come home!

Aimee said...

Your kids dress like my kids used to on Sunday afternoons! Now, at 13, Cooper feels like this would be inappropriate.