Jackson, your birthday was FIVE days ago. Five days and here I am just now writing. Why? Because I don't know how to put into words what you mean to me. People often tell me I am wonder woman because I had four kids in under five years. But the truth is, I couldn't do it without you. Every super hero has a secret weapon; you're mine! That may sound silly to someone that doesn't know you, but for those of us that do, it makes total sense. You're my buddy, my partner. Are you perfect, HA, no not always. But often :) When you're having an off day I realize just how much I rely on you. You help keep things going and I am grateful for all your "on" days. It's funny, that sounds like a lot of pressure for one little five year old, but you assume that responsibility most of the time. You truly are a gift to me and to this family.
For two years now you have asked for a party with friends and games. We kept telling you that you would get one when you turn FIVE and well, here it is. The countdown came to an end and the party began.
Thursday night dad and I began decorating the house for your party on Friday. Before going to bed, you told us to decorate your room to which I replied, "No! We need the decorations for the main part of the house where the party will be". Well, after you were knocked I thought man, that is a cute idea to decorate their room while they sleep - and so we did. You were right once again :) Good thing you've turned into a heavy sleeper.
Thursday night dad and I began decorating the house for your party on Friday. Before going to bed, you told us to decorate your room to which I replied, "No! We need the decorations for the main part of the house where the party will be". Well, after you were knocked I thought man, that is a cute idea to decorate their room while they sleep - and so we did. You were right once again :) Good thing you've turned into a heavy sleeper.
Friday morning, the day of your birthday, you received two emails and two text messages. Grandpa grandpa was the first to wish you a happy birthday via video on email. Grandma shopping then sent you a text as did Aunt Bri. Then Juana and Ito's video came through. Look at your face - you were so excited. The funny thing is you got these around the time you were actually born 5 years ago!
For lunch I made your favorite pasta from Costco - spinach and mozzarella. You said it will make you strong like a super hero.
We spent much of the day preparing for your party at 4pm but at 3, we blew up the jumper basically so you guys would get out of my hair. :) Everyone really helped to make this party come together. Aunt Bri got us a hook up on the jumper. Aunt Tori made your awesome super hero cake. Dad helped make my vision of "the wall" possible. Ivan did all the water bottles and it turned out better than I had thought. Grandma Nette did a great job with all the capes and I'm grateful for all those that donated t-shirts. Ito ran the villian bean bag toss. Papa ran the obstacle course. Aunt Tristan made all the cute cupcake signs. Your cousin Mya hung up the super hero signs around the house. Grandpa grandpa and Juana did the balloons and Grandma shopping helped with all the food.
You decided your super hero name was "Green Lantern". How you even know these characters exist is beyond me.
With 30 something kids in attendance (you made the guest list!), things were a bit too crazy to sit down and do gifts. But a few of your friends wanted you to open their gift before they went home. It was so cute to see your excitement and their excitement in giving! Aunt Bri got you a guitar and you and grandpa grandpa had a little jam session. What I love is that you have been playing in your room and I can hear you through the house. That reminds me of my days growing up hearing grandpa play at my house. I truly hope this is something you work on over the years!
Once everyone went home, we had a scavenger hunt for your big present from all the Andersons. You seemed a bit confused but got into it after a couple clues. And the end result.... YOUR BIKE! The best part about that whole thing, for me, was after you got your bike you immediately had an idea and that was to give your old bike to Ryan. You made Ryan's day. He was so excited and went to find HIS BIKE right away!
After that we went ahead and opened the rest of your presents. You waited so patiently, aside from the initial five years, and had so much fun. You were truly blessed.
We love you little man!
*Breakfast of champions - the morning after!
















5 comments:
now that you decorated his room. you are going to HAVE to do it every year from now on... no joke!! Trust me....
Happy Birthday Jackson--- looked like you had a blast! Must have a cool mom and dad! :)
#1: 30 kids you are CRAZY!
#2: I LOVE that the first thing Jackson did was give his old bike to Ryan
#3: I have been waiting for this post and it was so worth the wait
#4: I love the capes!
#5: You are amazing in my eyes and have such a loving family!
Such a cute birthday party idea! Love the capes...did you make them all!? Good job Mom!
It really didn't even seem like there were that many kids - well except during the pinata.
Yes, I cut out all the capes but then my MIL made the emblem on the back and the kids put their initial and decorated them.
Such a great party Rach. Jackson was the perfect birthday boy and every activity was so cute and fun!
Post a Comment