Friday, November 18, 2011

Card Exchange

Before I left last night, about an hour before, Jackson disappointed me real bad.  So just before I walked out the door, Jackson asked where I was going.  While giving me a big 'ol hug, he said, "Mom, I hope you have a great time!" and then he patted my head.  His little brain was turning, that I could see; the result... "Hey guys, let's all tell mom something nice about her.  Oh, and let's all make a card for mom."  Yes, this is my little man, the one that hates to disappoint me and will go to great lengths to try to make me pleased with him yet again.

Thank You cards were our assignment for this month.  My sister-in-law Tristan allowed me to steal her "Thank Who?  Thank You!" idea and I ran with it.  It was fun really.  Jackson even wanted to help out and so we were able to put to use some Kindergarten skills together.

I in return received some fabulous cards I'll have to post at another time.  But seriously, these people are talented.  I had no idea this world existed.
But let's not forget last month: Birthday!
Because I don't have a silhouette or circuit, I have to handcut everything.  On my Christmas list this year... a SILHOUETTE (yep - cause I learned the difference last night!).  But this card was fun - cutting the cake and sewing on the button.
I am having a fabulous time hanging out with these girls, talking and learning new things.  I am grateful for a supportive husband because this week has brought three GNO's in a row - oh, and I made an escape Monday night as well.  A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

No comments: