Friday, November 04, 2011

Halloween Festivities

Friday night we went over to a friend's for some Halloween fun.  This was especially exciting for the kids because we missed our ward party.
2006 & 2008 flashback... OK wait, I totally thought Ryan wore the turtle as well.  But I guess it's just a flashback to 2006. *I was hoping to take a picture of them in the same pose, but I can't fine the one of Jackson on his belly and I didn't get one of Cole standing.  Grrrr - but I think the similarities are still rather apparent.  They're cheeks are chapped as well.
OK... 2011.... 
 Oh my I can never settle on one.
Check out Andi, one in each hand.  And Cole just took it all in whether he was sittin' in the car, on the floor, or in someone's arms.  Jackson was so very focused carving his pumpkin.  And I think Ryan was a bit disgusted by the insides of his pumpkin!
After the carving session, the kids rocked out in the garage.  No, really, they ROCKED OUT!
Monday morning Ryan had his preschool Halloween party.  Would you believe I showed up with a dying camera battery!?!?  I was so upset - but what do you do.  Is Grandma K not awesome!
(Ok, I'm back.  Somehow I got distracted in organizing my Primary folder.... random??  Yeah!)  
So, onto Halloween evening.  We were invited to the Wirthlin's in McMillan Ranch.  Andrew desperately wanted to host something because we so badly wanted to deck out the front porch and scare little children.  Being as insane as it has been, I decided we were not hosting but instead, simply showing up elsewhere.
It was fabulous if I do say so myself.  It was so nice to not be stressed out especially considering Andrew didn't get home until a half hour before we were expected to leave.  
For the kids, Andrew and I dressed up this year.  It was easy really considering we found our costumes from 1996!  I am rather annoyed though that I can't find that picture to post.  Hopefully I can add it later.  The main difference is this year we did not sport the black lipstick.
We had dinner with friends and family (my parents and Bri were able to join us!) and then we all headed out to begin the hunt.  At this point it became every many for himself but that was fine by us.  
Especially when Cole announced he was over it all and wanted to go to the car.  I do believe those were his exact words.  So while everyone else finished up, I headed back to the car with Cole.  He was perfectly content once inside with the light on - could he be afraid of the dark!?
It was a fabulous Halloween this year - my only regret was not getting a picture of Cole in a pumpkin (pinterest).  Maybe we can still do that this weekend???

**The moment that stands out to me was the chat Jackson and I had between houses.  He asked, "Mom, are you going to die?".  "Yes.  Everyone dies," I respond.  "When?  I don't want you to die.  Can you live a long, long time with me?".  To which I of course replied, "I sure hope so!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, please don't die. =) And Fran throws a crazy garage party. So much fun!

Mandi Snider said...

Looked like a lot of fun! Your kids are so cute!

Jamie said...

Love the pumpkin costumes!