Thursday, June 13, 2013

Volunteering Rocks

Monday was my last day volunteering in Jackson's classroom.  As I was driving Andi to preschool this morning for the family park day, I was thinking it's moments like these where I'm so grateful to be a stay at home mom.  Wow, I've come a long way!  But it's true, the opportunity I have to volunteer is priceless and I couldn't do it without my mom coming out to watch the others kids every single monday.  The moment Jackson sees me at school, he runs over to give me a hug.  I love that when his two worlds collide, he welcomes it.  Who knows at what age that will stop.... or let's aim for it to not stop!?!?  The cute thing is Jasymn, Katelynn, and some other girls in their class come up and hug me too.  And let's be honest, I truly love just being able to be back in a classroom even if it's not my own and it's filled with a room of stinky little recess smelling kiddos!
 Boy, won't the kids be disappointed when they realize that grandma shopping won't be showing up every monday with a dozen donuts this summer!

1 comment:

fran said...

even though I was not able to help in the class I was so happy to know that you and Laurel were there. You guys are amazing!