Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week Two - Including 10 year Anniversary

Sunday was super busy and started late.  We went to a wedding Saturday night and so we and the kids were super sleepy Sunday morning.  After church I had a meeting and then at 1pm Andrew and the kids had to come pick me up and go back home.  Shortly after we arrived, Andrew's siblings started piling in.  We missed Shay and we always miss Wes but it was such a nice visit and long overdue.

I had the choice between a kitchen and landscaping and well, here ya go, stage of my life where the kids' desires usually come first.  They started everything this week and most is done.  The green grass is beautiful but I gotta say, I sure wouldn't mind a new kitchen....

Lauren and the kids were stranded at home this week so I offered to take her kiddos to the movies.  Everything was fabulous... once we snuck into Rio because the other one was too old and boring for them all.  The best part of the day though was hanging out at Lauren's pool and having some girl chat time while the kids played in the front yard.


My favorite thing about this Summer, so far, is how frequently I find the kids reading in the corner or on the couch.  They have spent hours reading so far and I love it.

Finally found some time for a beach day.  It was so nice that so many were able to make it - I think we had quite the caravan on the road that day.
But the exciting stuff happened in the car on our way out - Jackson had a wiggly tooth all morning so I kept asking him to pull it out before we got to the beach so it wouldn't get lost.  He did it, he yanked out his third tooth all on his own.  Big boy!  Do you see his eyes smiling!!!

I just know these two will be best buds for years and years.


Some of the girls that were able to make it.  They're picture fanatics... and I thought I was bad ;)


See, here's Andi, caught reading again!
These days I get out quite infrequently.  It's good and bad but I would say the best part about it is that when it does happen, it's quite enjoyable!
And would you look at that, we made it, TEN YEARS!  It has been a lot of work as of late as our life has picked up the challenges a bit.  Those first five years or so were rather simple but these tough, exhausting years have taught us so much more about one another and about ourselves.  I feel as though we are always having to learn more about one another as life changes us into different people.  The fact is, I need this man and I know he needs me.  That right there makes it all worth fighting for.

We weren't able to do much on our anniversary, but it was so sweet of Andrew to get up early, after going to bed around 1:30am after working, to go get me roses and Foster's donuts.  I'm not a huge donut fan but if I eat them, I want them to be worth it.  You pass three other donut shops on your way to Foster's!

That evening Tori, Mya, Zoe and Ivan watched our kids so we could head out:
76 Station Oil Change
Rattler's BBQ
Walmart
*Hot Date*
But my gift is a trip to Cabo San Lucas!


Jenny posted this on FB for our anniversary - I just love that chic.  But here's the funny part... this picture was taken while we weren't really talking.  Yes, things have been tense this week.  I think Jena's right when she said there's this pressure on the 10th year.  But this is life... four kids, school bills, life expenses, self-employed, more schooling, church callings, family obligations, unexpected stresses... LIFE.  For this reason, and many more, I am grateful we are sealed for all Eternity.  For this life is but a brief period of time and as Andrew said in my card, I look forward to spending the eternities with this man!


1 comment:

fran said...

Super cute post! Love you guys...