FRIDAY
It was a long week. You know the kind where each day you think it's one day further into the week than it really is. Yep, it started on Monday!
Friday night Andrew surprised me by getting home early which was wonderful because my mom wanted to take me out for a pedicure. Perfect timing. I had dinner at home so when my parents ate after the pedi's, I sat and enjoyed a Coldstone cupcake.
If you can't go out on a hot date with your husband, I'd say this is the next best thing!
SATURDAY
Saturday Andrew had to work, again. It was supposed to be a hot one so I blew up a little pool for the kids. Andi told me she wanted to surprise me and so I knew this meant she was going to find one of my favorite bathing suits to wear. Cracks me up how she loves to please me in this way from time to time. Do I place too much value on style???
Ya know how ridiculous they look in this is pool adds to how ridiculous it was that it only took about an hour before it was popped and destroyed. So much for that cheap entertainment.
It all worked out ok, though, because Paola invited us to come hang out with their family. They were even so cute as to get lunch for us all and nothing much beats a bbq/pool gathering! Gotta love summer.
Almost as much as I love seeing my kids enjoy one another. Jackson requested I take all these pictures which is something else I love.
What would these kiddos do without their big brother?
That afternoon I rushed the kids home to shower and change so we could head over to the De Leon's for Ava's baby blessing. They have blessed all their kids at home and I so enjoyed being there for Ava's. The last home blessing we attended was for Cannon Snow over seven years ago. Insane.
This occasion was so sweet and spiritual and I'm grateful we could attend. This family has become so very important to us.
Cameron, Jamie's son, and Cole are so very close in age and it was adorable watching them play play-doh together.
I tried getting a close-up of baby girl and she was not having it. Haha
SUNDAY
Tori had to make a quick trip to Acton for the funeral of one of her close friends. I'm glad she was able to be there for her and her friend but also so we could visit briefly. After church we headed to my parent's house for lunch with Tori, Curtis and Tristan. It was such a great visit and long overdue. I think Bauer enjoyed it the most!















No comments:
Post a Comment