Sunday, December 06, 2009

Thanksgiving



These two are so stinken' cute together - I love how they light up when they see one another. Elijah is growing so fast and he will soon leave Andi in the dust, I just know it.

For whatever reason, Jackson was the king of the rocks that morning.

Apparently my dad can't make up his mind on how old he is - he's too old for a rough game, too young for a boring game = so Ryan entertained him the entire morning; and yes, Jackson photographed it.






After the park, we headed to Rob and Sharon's for our first turkey meal. It was beautiful and relaxing. Andi was very pleased with the cream cheese and celery. BUT we were so sad Sharon wasn't up for playing - poor thing was so sick, and yet she still opened up her home.





After Rob and Sharon's we headed to Acton for Thanksgiving at Tori's. Tori, Chris, Jill & Ben have a planning meeting and everything - and it so shows. People often comment on how T-dinner must get old when you have it twice in one day. But really, there's no comparison. The dishes are so very different it's way cool to see what you can do with common foods.
But here's the sad part - I had left my camera in Riverside. LEFT IT! Can you imagine how I felt :( So this part of our day was not photographed but I so wish I captured the centerpieces and chefs. I'll double up next year!
With that all said - WHAT A YEAR. Every night as I kneel to pray, I am dumbfounded by all my blessings. I just can't believe how many little things can make life so wonderful. Without those little things, I have no doubt we would dwell on the big stresses of our life. But really, how could we complain? We are surrounded by love and through that love we are shown just how much God loves us. Life is good!

1 comment:

tphillips said...

how perfect! Well all except forgetting your camera part...what were you thinking?
and elijah could never leave andi in the dust...he likes her too much...but then again he is a boy...they are pretty unpredictable.