Sunday, June 02, 2013

Memorial Day

Every year we attend our ward Memorial Picnic.  This in fact trumped my desire to go to the pool with some fabulous peeps.  All was rearranged and so when I found out Andrew had to work, I was grateful to the DeLeon's for inviting us to the beach.  A few days later I also heard from the Melendez's, and so we tried to coordinate with everyone (Lauricella & Kingsbury, too) to meet up there.  Unfortunately, we didn't spot them until we had plopped and unpacked our stuff an awkward distance away.  Yes, not too close but not too far.  Wasn't ideal but I was glad to get to visit with everyone throughout our time there.  The most important part is the kids had such a great time together. Marci and I love getting together because the kids make it so easy for the two of us to visit :)  We arrived at the beach at about 11:30 I think and didn't pack up to head home until 4:30 or 5.  Such a great day.


 I love that the boys are at the age where they now love boogey boarding.  This was Jackson's first trip with his birthday board.

 
 These two are so close in age it's fun to watch them interact.
 Andi was on her own a lot but didn't seem to mind.  In fact, when Ava's a bit older I'm sure Andi will love playing "mama".
 These kids are such troopers and such great helpers.  We all lugged our own stuff and I'm so proud of them for doing it.  The walk to and from the car was insanely long and all in sand.
 Julio doing that dad thing!


When all was said and done, we had a great day as a family, missing Andrew of course, but were grateful for friends.  And naps ;)

2 comments:

Mandi Snider said...

I want to go on a beach date! After September once derek is back in Lancaster!

RachelAA said...

So good to hear from you, Mandi. Was thinking about you just yesterday on my way to pick up Jackson but had a hard drive driving and texting you for some reason. YES, it's a date!