The title of this post is the title of a friend's blog. I love it - so incredibly appropriate for this stage in life. And today, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I woke up with no plans - that's not something I am too fond of. I knew I needed to go to Target, but that takes only a blink out of the entire day. So when my dad called wanting to meet for lunch, we were there.
So this morning I rearranged the living room and the seats in the car and then we were waiting for my dad to call back so we could leave. Well I decided to take a few shots of the kids. They were NO cooperating, so I said forget it and I packed them up to head to Target.
Target was successful - YEAH school clothes for Jackson that were ON SALE! I also ran into a friend from high school so that was fun. As I was loading the kids up, I got a text from my dad saying, "Do the kids want some Miso Soup?" I asked Jackson and he said, "Yeah! And tofu and noodles!"




After naps the kids weren't in the greatest of moods. Andi had a tough time with her nap, but after some orajel she went down - but not long enough!! When Andrew got home a couple hours later, it was an hour before bedtime and I couldn't stand the idea of stalling at home with three grumpy kids. I was happy when Andrew finally agreed to go on a walk!

Yesterday at the park Andi discovered she can reach Ryan's head - she likes to pull his hair and luckily he doesn't really mind.

It was SO sad - we were at the park when the Ice Cream Truck pulled up. All the kids scattered, left the playground and ran towards the truck, including Jackson. He then looked for us and didn't see we were at the swings with the babies. He was freaking - Andrew got him and he was so upset. For one thing, he thought he was abandoned, and then on the other hand, we had no money with us and could not get him an ice cream. It was so sad - he kept watching the truck and the other kids.... SO SAD. SO we headed home for a bath and brownies. Actually Andrew was awesome because he took care of all that and I left to go workout.
So yes, watching my kids today was amazing - seeing all their growth, but it was a very, very long day.
Goodnight!
5 comments:
Hey I had no plans today either...so I ended up doing paperwork and house work...how lame!!! I should of called you but ithought you'd be on the go for sure...
I feel like every day is a big blank day to fill...no real plans with no friends. I can't wait for Katelyn to start Preschool because then at least we will have something planned everyday!
Ahhh Jamie I feel your pain - I have so been there and it's awful! How I wish you were still here. Seriously, call Ashleigh!!!!!!!!!!!
days with no plans are the WORST. preschool starts in 2 weeks but that'll only cover 2 1/2 hours in the morning on only two days a week... must. make. traditions. (that don't co$t a lot)
Oh no TWO weeks - Jackson starts TUESDAY! The best part about Summer were the cheap things, free movies, $5 Aquatic Center, Park, Beach... it would have been no where near as good if all that cost much much more!
Post a Comment