Sunday, December 06, 2009

Getting Into The Spirit

We don't like to waste any time - Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, we went out to find a tree. Oh wait, I lied... I wanted to but I don't think we did until Saturday. Anyway.... we headed out to a nearby lot and we weren't pleased!!!!! So we went home, did naps, and went back out. Again, SO not pleased!!! We go early every year and we haven't had this problem, so I didn't get it. But now it was dark and late and we gave up. For the time being...





Yes, Jackson has to line EVERYTHING UP these days.

Because we couldn't go get a tree Sunday, we decided to begin decorating the house instead. Andi waited while I switched the laundry and once done, we headed out to join the boys.

See that strand of lights Ryan is playing with - yes it is now broken. A bulb was stepped on and crushed - and no, it wasn't Ryan, it was ME! Ahhh


How do you keep three kids out of the street = PICNIC TIME!



"Ugh Dad, let me get it!"


Once it got dark and cold, Jackson and Andrew were the only ones left to finish the lights.

I need to get a picture of the entire house, but you see what we went with. I am a fan of the straight, clear bulbs. I can't stand icicles, unless they are done perfectly on the perfect house, but really, no. But I do wish we had lawn stuff - the day after Christmas this year I am SO hitting the sales!

Once dark - yeah what, 5pm, we worked on the inside. We are still missing some stuff, so we did what we could.



MONDAY.... off to get another tree. Before that, while waiting for my parents and for Andrew to get into town, I ran to Walmart for some things. Lo and Behold... BEAUTIFUL, cheap CHRISTMAS TREES! So I called them all and told me to meet us there. The best part about it was the adorable old man helping us!

"TaDA!" Jackson was pleased!








We took SO many shavings, I don't know what you call them, branches, anyway... so Andrew can make some wreaths. Usually he uses what we cut off our tree, but this was way cool, free, and easy -so we went with it.


The tree has stood bare for one week because Andrew was waiting for it to fall open. It's still pretty uptight, but I love it. It smells incredible. So yesterday we took out the decorations and dressed the tree - but because of that ruined strand of lights, our tree does not yet shine.

And lastly, what does this have to do with the Spirit of Christmas - well spending quality time with loved ones of course....



4 comments:

Jamie said...

That;s funny...Taylor has to line everything up to! What does that mean?

mlauricella said...

and the tree looked really great last night, and it was a good spot for it--way to make room!

RachelAA said...

Jamie - I think they're anal!

Michalle - That was our biggest worry... THE ROOM!

tphillips said...

I agree, the tree looked great and so the perfect spot for it! I love love the pic of andi on the dryer....she is gorgeous! Oh and braden use to line everything up to...how funny!